Wednesday, May 24, 2006

So I was watching Good Morning America this morning when an interview of The Dixie Chicks aired. They were talking about marriage, children, life, and music, a typical interview. But then something caught my ear, one of the girls was talking about her body after giving birth. She said that she was proud of the way her body looked now, she wasn't the most fit she had ever been and that nothing ever went back to thier original place but that she was proud to have the battle scars of motherhood. It got me thinking about how a lot of times I look at my body and I think how ugly my stretch marks are or how I'll never have perky boobs again in my life. And I ask myself, " Would I do it all over again for the chance to hold Alora Grace in my arms as my daughter," and I confess, I would do every moment again.

3 comments:

Eric M. Ashley said...

Amy, I think that you are beautiful--stretch marks and all! I am glad so thankful that you are my wife. I love you.

Anonymous said...

AWW!! Thats so sweet! I'm sure that its hard to look at youself sometimes, but in comparison I'm sure you'd rather have those marks than not have Alora. And even though it might be hard, I'm ready to take on all the stretch marks that can find me, in order to have a hugh family to raise for the Lord! Love you so much!!

Anonymous said...

Oh how I long for the day that I can have stretch marks for that reason! I pray that the Lord will bless me with a large family to serve him.Somedays I feel like it will never happen, but I it will come in his time. I thank God for his enduring promise.Love you.